Successfully rolled out Microsoft Office 365 for its client, ABC International, that allows them to enable various types of collaborative efforts between the organisation and the members themselves.Here is the detailed Case Study.
ABC International is a not-for profit organization, currently active in more than 25 countries. Teams from ABC engage directly and in partnership with local development agencies to impact individuals and communities. ABC also provides a deployment platform for mobilisation agencies that raise funds and human resources, but do not have the capability to deploy, care for, and manage these resources in the field.
Unable to establish a unified presence with a common IT platform within their business and were searching for an appropriate solution that will enable various types of collaborative efforts between the organisation and the members themselves
Implementation of a reliable cloud solution – the Microsoft Office 365
Successful in fulfilling ABC International’s global ambitions with smart IT resources allocation in a reliable cloud solution-Office 365
ABC International realized the increasing demand of setting up a unified presence with a common IT platform to keep up with the rapid growth of business and cater for the increasing demand from users for communication access anytime, in key locations around the world.
They were using a mix of different tools to provide a minimum level of collaboration. All their members seconded from the US office have access to their financial statement through a login provided on the Serenic Navigator software managed by ABC International’s US office. Serenic has provided an eConnect software that ports data from the navigator system to a web page.
Members seconded from other offices currently have updated access to their financial statement through separate means. With their existing setup there was a single intranet site managed by the US office and all the content changes and updates have to be sent to the US office and updated manually. But the work load was more and the US team was unable to handle and resulted in longer delays. In this difficult scenario, the client was in search of a system that can collaborate all their work from different locations
After considering several scenarios, Insight Consultants came to a conclusion that setting up a unified presence with a common IT platform to keep up with the rapid growth of business and cater for the increasing demand from users for communication access anytime, in key locations around the world. We identified Office 365’s complete suite of solutions from email to collaboration would be the best one to meet the requirements of long-term business growth, allied to robust security from a trustworthy brand. This can help the client in different scenarios like
- Forms – post forms with ability to download or submit online with forwarding to the specified people (e.g., Expense Reimbursement, Monthly Report, Furlough Plan, Annual Review, Team Report, Min Plan, Min Description, Project Proposal, Quarterly Report, and Seconding Agreement)
- Financials – US Office members may view their own personal support accounts; international account holders and their supervisors may view ABC International account information.
- Database – Storing personal and team data; where people and groups may update their own profiles; people may search for contact information for other members; analysis of report information.
- Teams – ability to set up work groups for teams and task forces to share documents and resources.
- Calendar – ability to set up group calendars; set organisation-wide reminders for repetitive events or tasks.
- Communication – ability for specific people to send messages to membership (various mailing groups) with a link to read full message online and post comments.
- Conferencing – ability to initiate conference calls/video conferences with people inside and outside of the organisation, including hosting training webinars.
- Documents – Administrators may post documents on the Intranet and teams may upload documents onto Team Sites. The Field Handbook will be integrated into the Intranet and will be editable by Authorized Users.
- Resources – downloadable articles, papers, publications, presentations, videos, graphics, pictures, webinars created by your own people.
- Email – Administrators may set up individual email accounts, and allow access via multiple devices
By considering all the unique requirements of the client in detail, we successfully implemented Office 365 .The new solution, Office 365 implementation, benefited ABC International in :
1) Integrating with Microsoft Office (offline)
2) Setting up a public website
3) Developing Group Sites, shared calendars
4) Uploading and sharing documents including documents created using MS Office
5) Videoconferencing using Microsoft Lync.
6) Mail management using Outlook and Microsoft Exchange online
7) Ability to customize using code written on Microsoft.NET
8) Special pricing availability to ABC International
After setting up Office 365, as the next step,we implemented Intranet solution using Office 365. There we set up all the above mentioned necessary requirements like Forms, Financials, Documents, Data base, Teams, Calendar, Public Site, Reports etc.
Office 365 implementation can appear deceptively simple but there is a wide variety of considerations that hinge on an organisation’s unique business requirements. We are pioneers in Office 365 solutions and we approach the clients through a methodical process called Radical Rooting. Through various steps of this process, we get to the root of the problem quickly, get better clarity on the solution to be developed and convince the client on the impact of the solution on the business. If you see a similar opportunity for your enterprise, talk to us and join the many intelligent businesses that use Insight services to make technology empower your business to grow revenue, reduce cost and deepen relationships with your employees and customers.