Cloud computing is just another revolution in how computing power is delivered to a business. It allows businesses to store all data on remote servers, making it easier and cost-effective for both internal users and customers to access it from any place, any time. Small business owners who want to reduce costs without sacrificing their ability to do business and compete with larger companies are using the cloud. Move to cloud and get more out of your business
Cloud adoption is booming as many enterprises are realising the true benefits and opportunities of being in cloud.
Though more and more enterprises are exploring the benefits of cloud, companies with fully formed clouds might struggle to understand how their instances are working. Still concerned about how much they’re spending on the cloud, who in their organisation is spinning up cloud resources and how people are using those resources. Building a cloud environment is not very easy, it is not just choosing a technology. It’s important for organisations to develop a strategy to implement a successful cloud environment.
Insight Consultants’ Cloud Adoption Strategy service aims to dispel the myths associated with cloud computing by working with you to understand your business and clearly identify how you can adopt the cloud. The end result is a tailored cloud adoption plan through which your business can obtain measurable benefits. We perform our own methodical process Radical Rooting to understand your requirements and come up with a proper solution. Through different steps of the process, we perform a Root Cause Analysis to find out the exact value or expected benefit that proposed solution can bring. As a solution partner, we believe we are equally responsible to ensure that all ambiguities are cleared before embarking on solution-finding.
Here are 5 steps in your typical cloud adoption strategy.
MAJOR STEPS IN A TYPICAL CLOUD ADOPTION CYCLE
- Research and Strategy
- Assessment & Planning
- Adoption & Migration
- Evolution & Transition
Research & Strategy: The introduction of any new technology or technology paradigm shift creates pressure on the organization. So it is essential that you understand your enterprise goals and objectives. Do a thorough research on the cloud essentials and the impact of cloud on IT. Understand the business value, IT feasibility and success factors for your organization to deploy your applications in cloud.
Assessment & Planning: Assess your current state and quantify the benefits and efforts to move to cloud. Identify key requirements, concerns, controls and constrains for cloud plan. To ensure a smooth transition to cloud computing, an organization should develop an overarching cloud strategy which creates the foundation for project-specific adoption. Should plan to leverage existing collateral with software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) strategies. Also review applicable deployment models, reference architectures, enterprise application and infrastructure.
Adoption & Migration: While moving to cloud, it is mandatory to understand available cloud computing and adoption standards. This includes NIST guidelines, Open Stack adaptability and portability standards as well as methodologies for migrating applications. In this phase, develop application migration strategies, identify the servers, the data stores and software to realize migration road maps.
Evolution & Transition: Invariably, organizations hit a stage where cloud adoption matures beyond initial experimentation and is used for mission-critical workloads and assets. At this stage, cloud service management is crucial to extract the true benefits of the cloud and make cloud operations manageable. Optimizing business processes and software licenses will help you realize the benefits of improved organizational efficiency to provide increased value to the organization and the customer.
Each organization’s cloud adoption journey will be unique. Your particular circumstances, priorities and obligations will shape the path you take and determine how best to plan and adopt new technologies and environments.
Cloud Computing offers many benefits and Cloud does help solve some problems better than before, but it will not work in every scenario. At Insight Consultants, we carefully look at not just the medium and the technology, but also the problem that our clients expect to see solved at the end of the project they engage us for. If you’d like us to study your requirements and evaluate whether a cloud based solution will work for you, please Contact us.
When it comes to emerging technologies, there is one word that has drawn more controversy than others: The Cloud. With cloud replacing infrastructure, hardware and software, it is ultimately changing the face of IT. It is a game changing phase of IT that is not just a passing phenomenon but a reality that has just begun to realize its potential.
As a small business owner, you are always looking for an advantage, for an edge, for the next opportunity to ensure your own success. 50% of large enterprises have already deployed cloud in their organizations. Whether your company is medium or small, there are many benefits to be gained from cloud. In today’s rapidly changing world, how companies can make their cloud success a reality? Here are five tried and proved ways that cloud supports business success.
- Businesses are always interested in finding ways to achieve the same business goals faster and less expensively. Cloud Computing is undoubtedly the most cost-efficient method to store and process data. As efficiencies improve, however, new opportunities reveal along with that – not only to do the same things better but to perform entirely new tasks altogether.
- When you’re in the cloud, you can access computing resources on demand. For startups, this capability offers the freedom to create and experiment without making a huge investment in servers or IT staff. It also provides a way to seamlessly handle surges in demand. The cloud offers a way to manage a sudden flood of usage without forcing the company to buy servers that might sit idle once the peak passes.
- Cloud explodes the business possibilities. Cloud is nearly compatible with everything. If you want to offer a new service, using the cloud as the delivery platform makes your offering immediately interoperable with would-be customers using any variety of devices, operating systems, and networks. When access to almost anyone and everyone has opened up, business possibilities explode.
- Cloud opens the wide gate of collaboration capabilities. Employees anywhere can sync up and work on documents and shared apps. Teams of executives, employees, contractors or partners can come together informally in the cloud using file sharing, conferencing, and other collaboration tools to update timelines, pitch decks, and other documents wherever you are — in the office, at home, or on the road using your smartphones
- Cloud–based backup and storage very much support business growth. No complaints about low storage space anymore! Cloud offers unlimited storage capacity. Several cloud services offer scalable backup and storage to easily accommodate additional employees and computers.
Not only its cost efficiency and flexible computing resources, cloud computing also holds the potential to redefine the relationship between corporate IT departments and business units. It is these drivers that made cloud computing shift the paradigm of how Information Technology is used nowadays.
Insight Consultants are already successful in integrating cloud services. Insight offers successful cloud enabled services to our clients. We follow a structured approach to establish our client’s business needs, assess the underlying technology components like infrastructure, application, processes, policies etc and then deploy the appropriate cloud computing components. We were successful in analyzing current state to identify opportunities for leveraging cloud computing, assess and recommend the optimal cloud orchestration solution set, migrate cloudready applications and data to cloud environment, management of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS components, managed services for a cloud environment etc. For best output we do the required changes across people, process and technology, and accelerate the transformation of IT to an on demand, service-oriented environment.
To know more about our cloud services, do Contact Us